Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July Bookworm Bookclub: Written in My Own Heart's Blood

This is the 8th book in the Outlander series written by Diana Gabaldon.


When I first started reading this series, I almost stopped after the first book. I thought the Scottish accent was too heavy handed and that it interrupted the flow of the story.

Ah, the story. I was captivated by the story of a time traveling woman who fell in love with a Highlander after just being reunited with her newlywed husband.

And so I kept reading. And kept reading. And here I am writing a review of the book that I read on my Nook the very first day it was available. Because now I think I'm kind of  addicted.

These books aren't mysteries, or historical fiction or romance or fantasy. They are pieces of each genre expertly woven together to make a wonderful, interesting, completely enthralling novel.

And the 8th book fits right in with the rest of the series. I absolutely love how Gabaldon is able to weave together a cohesive story using so many character perspectives, even when the characters are often located in different times.

If you haven't read this series before I highly recommend that you start with the first book,   Outlander, and work your way through. Like tomorrow.

If you've read the books, I highly recommend a trip to the Scottish Highlands.  The scenery is so amazing. None of my pictures do it justice.




01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments :

Post a Comment