Friday, January 23, 2015

Take a Break from the Treadmill



My walk on the treadmill goes a lot like this:
 
Let's drink some water to start.
Ok. Good. Warm up walk.
 Faster. Faster.
 4.0 is good.
How much longer?
Maybe I can bump up to 4.1.
Oh, I think I'm dying.
Back to 3.9.
Okay, breathe.
Am I finished yet?
Didn't this song play already?
This wall could really use a new coat of paint
do do do.............................
Oh, look 2 miles!
Forget the warm up walk! I'm done with this mess.
 
 
Yet, my walk out in the real world goes so differently:
 
Dear God, thank you for this beautiful weather and the opportunity to get some fresh air and sunshine....
Oh, look! I'm here. That was quick.
 
Ahh! What nice walk. I should really do this more often.
 
 
If any one this sounds familiar then maybe you too need a break from the treadmill of life. Sometimes I feel like I'm spinning me wheels- going through the motions, getting nothing accomplished but still getting worn out.
 
I think I need a break from walking in place.
 
I need to do more than go through the motions.
 
I need to feel the sunshine and sniff the roses.
 
Pray. Act. Reflect. Pray. Change. Pray.
 
This  needs to be my new rhythm of life.  Life should be much more than just keeping pace. Life should be about living fully- experiencing, helping, loving.
 
 
I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10
01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments :

Post a Comment