Friday, October 3, 2014

Saying Goodbye

I was both sad and relieved (okay, mostly relieved) to leave our jobs in Daegu. I was relieved because we were under new management and the work environment was becoming increasingly stress inducing. I am extremely thankful for God's timing in regard to our contract.

I was sad to go because I taught two classes full of wonderful students. The first, my ninth graders. They are extremely bright and dedicated students. Their English level is very high. In fact, I had them read The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman during my last 2 weeks. They were able to discuss symbolism, themes and how the literature related to the time period. I was equally impressed and proud. Because of their fluency they were a great class to have a laugh with.

I also miss my class of seven or so elementary age girls. They were always a hoot! I loved being able to teach them songs and games in English. They loved role-playing and charades, and let's face it I loved watching and laughing with them. They are just so cute! I think they have the potential to walk in my ninth grader's shoes.

Here they are on my last day (posing with lipstick highlighters):

 
 



We also left 2 dear friends in Daegu. Our hagwon also had a Chinese program and so they taught Chinese. One teacher is from Korea and the other China. Hopefully, we can visit soon. 01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments :

Post a Comment