Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Behind the Blog with Rachel Rewritten

Hi y'all and welcome to the 2nd interview of our Behind the Blog series.


 Today, we're taking a peek behind Rachel Rewritten, written by Rachel Dillard. Like me, she recently started over in the blogging world.

She has some great recipes coming up soon. In the meantime, check out her inspiring post on cultivating friendships.

She's beautiful and so is her blog.
 
 
What do you do when you are not blogging?
 I'm a L&D nurse, so most of my time is spent at work--those 12 hours shifts are tough! If I'm not at work, I love spending time with my husband, cooking, working on DIY projects around our house, entertaining, and reading! I've also been practicing my photography a lot lately.
What inspired you to start a blog?
 I started blogging when I was in college, as a way to document life and the journey I was on. My reason to blog has transformed a lot over the years, but I keep blogging because I love the community, love having an outlet for creativity, and just simply love writing!

How did you choose your blog name?
After blogging at another space for almost 3 years, I was burned out and needed a break. Rachel Rewritten came about when I decided to get serious about blogging--it was created as a space for me to find my voice and rewrite my story! 

What inspires you to keep writing?
I write about anything and everything--favorite recipes, life happenings, thoughts in my head--I used to blog strictly for what was "popular," but now I blog the way I want to and just write what I love writing. I draw inspiration from other bloggers, friends, relationships, books I'm reading, and such. Almost anything can become blogging inspiration in my book!

Is there one thing you want your readers to take away from your blog?
 The one thing I've hoped and prayed is that people would come to my blog and find themselves encouraged--that they would see the joy of Christ and would leave with a little more happiness than they came with.


What are your favorite projects or posts on your blog?

I recently posted on how to spruce up your space--I love decorating but am on a budget, so I've found ways to do it on the cheap! Also, I love my post on how to pray for your husband--something I have printed out and use every day to remember.

Has blogging allowed you to do something really cool, that you wouldn’t have done otherwise?
 
I've made friendships with so many great girls and am actually attending my first blog conference in March-- Hope Spoken! I never would've known about it nor had the courage to sign up if it wasn't for blogging! 


What’s your current obsession?
 
 Practicing photography! I've had a nice DSLR for over a year now and truly haven't spent enough time on learning the art, so I've been working on that lately. It's been fun to explore and just snap photos as we go. 
 
What are your goals for this year? For the next 5 years?
 
Hmmm, that's a good question. This year, I created a list to hold me accountable. It's been fun to complete, and I need to do an update soon! For the next 5 years? Continue to grow my blog, travel to Italy, become more involved in a church home, and hopefully have a baby (or two!) Life is so great right now.

What three blogs do you enjoy reading and why? There are SO many blogs I love reading--the list is long and I have different reasons for each. It's hard to pick three, but I'd say:
1. Oh Simple Joys  I've grown to know Rachel well and I love her genuine heart. She posts the best recipes and has me intrigued about her "capsule wardrobe" idea. 
          2.   Happy is a Choice  Brittany and I text all the time, and I love the friendship we've created. Her blog is always full of great posts, from running, to marriage advice, to recapping fun weekends. She's the person I go to when I need a little blogging inspiration!

         3.  Carrie Bradshaw Lied  Kathleen is a Mississippi girl transplanted in California. I love everything about this blog, from her photography while traveling, her outfit posts, and her fun job! She has it all.

Doesn't she sound amazing? Go show her some love.


 01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments :

Post a Comment